Sunday 5 June 2016

The Best Choc Cake


بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ

Assalamualaikum eaters!

I really love eating so I try to balance the not so good hobby of mine with baking and cooking. I can't say that I am good in any of them but I sure can mix flour with eggs. Can't promise you with the final outcome though. Anyway, no matter what cakes I try eating, I always go back to chocolate cakes. They are sort of my comfort food. Nahhh, kidding. Comfort food is nasik with telur mata kerbau kuning cair and some kicap for sure. So, I went searching for new choc cake recipes and I found a very interesting yet super easy one from Kak Azie's BLOG

The ingredients are:

1. 2 cawan tepung gandum
2. 2 cawan gula caster (I use brown sugar because it makes cakes taste differently sweet)
3. 3/4 cawan serbuk koko Hershey's (I used random serbuk koko because Hershey's is expensive lol)
4. 2 sudu soda bicarbonate
5. 1 sudu baking powder
6. 1 cawan buttermilk (susu + 1 sudu besar cuka makan/lemon) I didn't have any lemon and couldn't find vinegar so I squeeze limau nipis into the milk hahah. 
7. 1 cawan minyak jagung
8. 1 1/2 sudu kecil vanilla extract
9. 1 cawan air mendidih
10. 2 biji telur gred A (I used Grade c so I added one extra egg)









Steps:

First step is to preheat or panaskan your oven at 150 degree celsius. We are going to bake it slowly. Slowly and surely babyy mueheheh. 

Then don't forget to butter/sapu your loyang with butter or margarine or you can alas the loyang with baking paper.

Put all the ingredients except the air mendidih into mixing bowl and mix them at slow speed. Make sure you mix them well. Jangan bagi ketul ketul or anything.

Then, add the air mendidih into the mixture and continue mixing for another few minutes until it turns smooth and nice.

Pour it into the loyang or baking tin. Put them into the oven and bake them for 1 hour and 10 minutes. In my case, the oven is so slow so I had to bake them for about 2 hours. #ohmyelectricbills

Test the cake with forks/garfu or lidi sate anything. If it comes out clean, the cake is readyyyy to go into your mouth. Hurrayyyy! But, do let it cool down first. We don't want any burn tongue or cheek or melted teeth.

Done! Phew. I typed one short recipe and now I feel so tired and feel like sleeping for two days straight. Bloggers who always share their recipes are so cool. Do you even rest sisturrr? Hahah. And oh, I don't have any pictures of the cake. Reason being is, the cake is already half eaten during the cooling process. Talk about hot. *roll eyes. 

Another reason is, MY CAKE IS SO UGLY. LIKE REALLY UGLY. And the cause for the ugliness is that I forgot to butter my loyang so the cake won't come out from the loyang. After being hentak-ed few times on the plate, it came out in pieces. OMG. My heart shattered at the sight but my stomach knows no beauty. So yeah, I ate the cake not by slices but more like chunky pieces. *sobbing real hard.

Anyway, do try the recipe! I won't try any other recipe after this. Well, not for this few months. The cake was really delicious. Ngehngeh. Not to say I cook well, but yeah. Hope I shared something good! Happy baking and happy eating everyone!

Thanks for reading. Till next time.
Be good, do good.
SELAMAT MENYAMBUT RAMADHAN PEOPLEEEE!
*bye satan



No comments: