Sunday 11 September 2016

Book Review: After You

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ

Assalamualaikum peeps.



I just finished reading After You by Jojo Moyes. Mannnnnn, I've waited for this novel for months. I was oblivious (at first) to the fact that my favourite novel, Me Before You had had sequel to it. I was in Times Bookstore at Citta Mall when I first encounter the novel. It was the large paperback edition and priced around RM 70. And I was so poor at that time I couldn't afford it. (other times pon I am still poor jugak T___T).

So I wait and wait until one day I went to Ikea with my dear friend and we stopped by at the Popular Bookstore in IPC. Boy, can I have one Popular like that in my hometown? The Popular is massive and they have like everything and they have this one gorgeous Fiction rack full with beautiful books waiting to be bought and they have a section where they put all books in special edition and collection and and and I was still poor. pffft. #sadlyfe

Anyway, I found my After You and I was so happy I can't describe the feeling with words. So about the book. If you have never read Moyes', lemme tell you. She's a sensible author, a very brilliant one. Her stories are all so lovely, so relatable. She turns everyday's struggles and issues into absolutely beautiful masterpiece. I totally love love love her writing. 

Remember Lou? She was miserable after Will's death. She went travel for a while and then settled working as a bartender. But she didnt really settle down. She can't stop missing Will and she can't move on. There are lot more new faces in the book and I don't really want to spoil it's totally interesting and worth reading. There are many troubles too but nothing our Lou can't handle. Aicewah. 

Lemme list the important points for After You. I'm trying not to spoil anything.

1. Will Traynor has a daughter. A frigging daughter. 
2. Lou Clarks meets a gorgeous guy.
3. Lou's parents are having big but emmm funny problem?
4. And yeah, Lou fell off a building. Is she dead? Is she dead? Is she deadddddd?

I really think that After You is a must read novel for readers who are very curious about Lou's life after Will's death or people who watched the Me Before You movie. If you have read the previous book, well you will feel so attached to the miserable feelings Lou's facing. If you don't want to ruin your imagination about how actually Lou and Will can turn into, don't read the book. Moyes is a very realistic author. Lou moved on. miahahaha.

Well, I don't think I write a good review but thanks for reading anyway. Don't forget to read the book! After You by Jojo Moyes. Read it. Read it. Read it.

Till then, bye.
Be good do good.



No comments: