Monday 20 November 2017

A Student Again

 بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيم

Hi people!

I completed my degree last May and after I have finished enjoying my very much blessed raya, I started looking jobs in my hometown. I applied for tuition teacher, kindergarten teacher and guru ganti as well. I was not looking for high-paying job but rather a job that can actually enrich my experiences and develop my skills. After two interviews and two disappointments, I ended up jobless. T___T. So I went back to my previous job - writing assignments and designing blogs. And oh ya! I actually started translating and content writing short articles for a website! So thrilled!

But still, I wanted to teach so bad. I miss my students, I miss the hustle of preparing lessons, having fun with the class and talking to my colleagues. I was and am determined to teach. I like teaching soooo much especially when it comes to secondary students. While I was busy doing all those small jobs, I actually applied for my master degree at UKM. I remember telling myself that once I have finished my degree, that's it for me. I won't further my study. Degree is troublesome enough. But there I was, applying for master with such big hopes. XD

Around August, I received an email telling me I have been accepted for Master in English Language Studies at UKM. Alhamdulillah. I was very grateful and excited because I had always wanted to study at IPTA because I had enough of IPTS hahaha. I don't mean anything bad. I just want to experience studying in IPTA. I just want to experience the differences. So I registered on last September.
A STUDENT AGAIN *yeayyyyy*
Master study is AH-MA-ZING! But boyyyyy, it is exhausting! I have to read and read and read. Mind you, reading is my favourite, maybe my ULTIMATE favourite but reading scholarly articles is not my forte. I took around 4 weeks to finish reading three articles and that was because the deadline scared me that I decided to read them.
My November schedule is not cool at all. 
I didn't remember sitting for discussion in library during my degree years lol. It's not bad actually.
Library is fine, I guess.
But it's been almost three months and it started growing on me. I can't believe I'm saying this, but there are times when I'm actually feel inclined to look for more reading materials. Lololol. But of course, not necessarily I read them after I found them. Haha. Don't be deceived y'all. But yeah, I started to feel okay with all the reading. But going to class? Dang, I still feel all giddy and excited for every class. I would like to think it as a positive thing because feeling happy for class is good, right?

There are times when I feel the work loads are too much but I brace myself. I'm doing this for my parents who I've let down during my SPM. So, I just think that I should go extra miles to show them that I actually take my education seriously and I really want to redeem my SPM result. I pray that I will be granted enough strength to complete this course. Aamiin.

EXTRA:
Lemme share with you how abang cafe took my order. I asked for Nasi Goreng Kampung Pedas and he key-ed in Nasi Goreng Kampung pedasssss gile. OMG do you have to be so extra??!
The amount of chilies in my friend's sup daging. I counted it guys. 23 chilies. For a small pack of sup daging. They are so extra.  

But food are cheap in IPTA. I'm super happyyyyy! :D

That's all for now.
Thanks for reading and have a blessed day, everyone!

No comments: